Saturday 13 January 2018

WH denies report of Trump saying he has a good relationship with Kim

Trump

The White House has denied and corrected a quote attributed to President Donald Trump that suggested he had good contacts with North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un.
"I probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong- Un," Trump was quoted as telling The Wall Street Journal in an interview on Thursday, refusing to confirm whether the two had spoken.
"I have relationships with people. I think you people are surprised."
But Press Secretary Sarah Sanders insisted -- in a Twitter meme -- that Trump was misquoted.
"President Trump said, I'D probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong Un of North Korea. I'D -- I'D -- I'D.

NOT I!" the message read, with "I'D" in red ink, under a red banner reading "FAKE NEWS."
Mockingly mimicking the newspaper's front page, it then reads "THE WALL STREET JOURNAL -- FAKE NEWS IS AT IT AGAIN! -- FALSELY QUOTING PRESIDENT TRUMP."
Washington and Pyongyang are in a standoff over North Korea's missile and nuclear programs, which could be used to target the United States and its allies.
READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment