Monday 5 February 2018

'Un-American', 'treasonous' to not applaud me: Trump blasts Democrats

November 8, 2016, the day US President Donald Trump  won the presidential election, is remembered in India as 'DeMon Day'

US President Donald Trump described lawmakers who did not applaud his State of the Union address as unpatriotic and treasonous.

During a speech in Cincinnati, Trump suggested Democrats were "un-American" because they did not full-throatedly embrace his address to a joint session of Congress last week.
"They would rather see Trump do badly, okay, than our country do well," he said."It's very selfish. And it got to a point where I really didn't even want to look."
"They were like death and un-American.

Un-American. Somebody said, 'treasonous.' I mean, yeah, I guess, why not?"
"Can we call that treason? Why not? I mean, they certainly didn't seem to love our country very much," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment