Sunday 13 August 2017

Sharif gets ecstatic welcome in Lahore, to announce new programme tomorrow

Lahore : Deposed Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif waves to his supporters upon arrival to address a rally in Lahore, Pakistan, Saturday, Aug. 12, 2017. A massive crowd of supporters has greeted Sharif in his hometown of Lahore at a large rally t

Thousands of cheering party activists and supporters greeted the caravan of ousted Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif as it reached Lahore from Gujranwala late in the night on the fourth day of the PML-N rally. Sharif told his slogan shouting admirers that he will announce a new programme on August 14.

Sharif arrived in Lahore on Saturday night, the fourth and the last day of the Pakistan Muslim League-N rally, which had set off from Islamabad on August 9, as part of his 'homecoming' trip via the ancient Grand Trunk Road.

Sharif was accorded a historic welcome in Lahore as thousands of people, party workers and supporters gathered on the streets to greet their leader and extend him support, Pakistan Today reported.

"I will never forget the love I have received on this trip. I promise to bring forth my new programme on August 14, and I have full faith you will back me when I do," he said.

The people chanted slogans and carried placards, banners and posters of the former Prime Minister.

"What am I seeing today in Lahore. I have never seen anything like this before. You made me a Prime Minister, and five people disqualified me," Nawaz Sharif said, addressing a mammoth crowd at Daata Darbar.
READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment