Monday 19 March 2018

Rs 129 bn PNB scam: I fear for my safety, Mehul Choksi tells CBI in letter

Mehul Choksi

Mehul Choksi, the uncle of diamantaire Nirav Modi and owner of Geetanjali Gems has written to the CBI, according to ANI reports on Tuesday. The co-accused in the PNB fraud case is outside the country. Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi had illegally obtained LoUs from the Punjab National Bank to avail loans from lenders abroad and then defaulted on them. The CBI and Enforcement Directorate are currently investigating the PNB scam.
Here is an excerpt from his letter obtained from news agency ANI's Twitter feed:
Regional Passport Office hasn't communicated with me & my passport remains suspended. I have the deepest respect for your offices and assure you that I am not making any excuse, whatsoever to travel to India.
I reiterate that I am abroad & have earlier also responded to your notices.

Surprisingly, the issues raised remain unaddressed, making my fear of safety rise to extreme levels. Media continues to conduct a trial by itself & blow every issue out of proportion.

No comments:

Post a Comment